November 16, 2010

Mac and Cheese

I have been wanting mac and cheese since the date night catastrophe. Where I failed at the fancy pants recipe, I know I can make a basic macaroni and cheese, after all, my mom taught me well!

Easy Mac and Cheese

1 Tbsp flour
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup milk
1/4 lb American cheese (from the deli)
2 cups small macaroni


Set water to boil. In a small pan melt butter over medium-low heat. When melted add flour and whisk until a light blonde color, about 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the heat and add milk whisking constantly. Return to heat and cook until thickened, about 8 minutes. Remove pan from heat and stir cheese into sauce until melted. Mix macaroni into cheese sauce, season with salt and pepper. Makes 2 dinner portions or 4 sides.

No comments:

Post a Comment