November 12, 2010

Leftovers Again!

Usually when you hear that phrase its someone complaining about having to eat the same thing again...not in this house! It should read, "Leftovers again? WOOOOOO!" I usually will wait a day or two before eating leftovers, or they go into the freezer for another time. But the Cassou-Lazy was too good to wait! We ate the rest last night, and it was so easy to heat up! I had saved the leftovers in the cooking container. Place the casserole dish in the oven while preheating to 350°.  Cook for 40 minutes. It was warm and bubbly, and ever more crispy on the top! My belly is sad that we can't have it again tonight too! I'm sure it will be on the menu in the months to come!

ignore the impending avalanche!
Speaking of leftovers, I took inventory of our freezer last night and I think I don't have to cook next week! Just reheat and go! To give you an idea of what we have to choose from check out this list!
  • 2 cups marinara sauce
  • 1 serving pea soup (from my mom for Eric!)
  • 4 servings beef stew
  • 4 servings chili
  • 1 serving lentil soup
  • 2 servings chicken cacciatore
  • 7 pizza crusts
  • 1 lb hamburger
  • 1 lb chicken tenders
  • 2 1/2lb pork tenderloins
  • 2 can's worth black beans
  • 4 cups white rice
  • 4 servings sausage and peppers 
  • 1/2 lb kielbasa
  • 3 chicken breasts
  • package of goyza
  • frozen shrimp
  • and much, much, more!

We sure like our frozen veggies!
I think we will have an easy grocery trip this weekend! Check back Sunday to see how we made out!

No comments:

Post a Comment